Monday, December 29, 2008

Walking Soundtrack # 11

1) I Don't Want To Wait - Paula Cole: This is one of those girl power songs, rock version, from the mid to late 90s. I don't really know what the message was, but I'm sure it was something important.
2) I'm Crying - Stevie Ray Vaughn: Standard blues from Stevie Ray, this song has exactly the same tune as "Pride and Joy" which is the most famous song from SRV's most famous album.
3) I'm Free -The Who, live in 1989: From the Tommy 2oth anniversary tour in 1989. It's hard to believe 20 more years have gone by.
4) Radar Love - Golden Earring: This song, along with Twilight Zone, are, I'm willing to bet, the only two songs from Golden Earring that 99% of music fans can name. Both are great songs, but I don't know of any others from this band.
5) Father and Son - Johnny Cash, with Fiona Apple: You probably couldn't pick two more disparate personalities to sing a song, and, appropriately, it sounds like they're singing two completely different songs. I can't decide if I like it or not.
6) Song For My Sons - Sara Groves: I can't quite identify with this song, so, even though it has an upbeat rhythm that is ideal for walking, it kinda drags me down.
7) Cryin' Game - Sara Evans: This song is pretty standard "girl country" (my name) - it's not a bad song, but not all that great.
8) Waterloo Sunset - The Kinks: The best song, in my opinion, from the Kinks in their long and distinguished history. I once read that this song was "impossibly perfect" and that seems an appropriate description.
9) Nightmare # 71 - Larry Norman: One of the best songs from "The Father of Christian Rock."
10) Eminence Front - The Who, live in 1989: One of the Who's last hit songs, Eminence Front has a funky beat that is perfect for a nice brisk walk.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home