Thursday, September 27, 2007

The Charlotte 500, Lap 7: Sonic

I know Sonic isn't a Charlotte thing, but I'm including it here for three reasons: 1) It's close to the next stop on the Charlotte 500; 2) They still have a roller skating server, Sheri by name, who delivers your food; 3) I became inordinately excited when I saw they had numerous flavorings to jazz up your soda. Plus, I don't remember ever eating at Sonic before.
We had a coupon for extra long coney dogs, which are hot dogs topped with chili and a cheese whiz type substance, so that's what we ate, along with their version of tater tots. I was pleasantly surprised; it was a tasty, satisfying lunch. I also had a blue-coconut-coke and a chocolate-strawberry-coke. You can get any one, or a combination, of about ten flavorings in any of their soft drinks, so it would take a long time to try every possible variation - over 400 years if you drank one per day, according to the calculation printed on the cup (this is a list it would be wise not to start). Flavored cokes are one of the joys of life, so this discovery was good news indeed. This particular Sonic was only minutes from Lowes Motor Speedway, Hendrick Motorsports, and NASCAR Speedpark (more about those later), and since I'm married to a racing fanatic, I'm sure we'll be back.

Here's an action photo of me slurping the chocolate-strawbery coke.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Roger said...

Hey, cool. You can drink a Coke with one hand behind your back.

(I capitalized Coke because I refuse to buy into the Southern thing of referring to all soft drinks as "coke.")

27 September, 2007 22:44  
Blogger craigt said...

I am very talented.

I didn't capitalize coke, because I was lazy. And it was really Diet Coke, which would have taken even longer to type. I haven't noticed people here calling everything "coke" as often as they do in other places, like Texas.

28 September, 2007 17:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home