Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Charlotte 500: Lap 1, Getting Fueled

I thought if I was going to go with a racing motif for my list of 500 things to do in Charlotte, I'd better carry it through the whole way, no matter how corny it sounds. Plus, I couldn't quite bring myself to call the items on the list "adventures" or anything else that might indicate an experience to raise the hair on your arms (though some might actually do so). So, "laps" it is.

Anyway...Any race needs fuel and shameless plugs for some business or another, so that's how I'll start. Before we got our home internet access installed, I had to go to the local coffee shop, Jackson's Java, in order to check e-mails and find out how the Cubs were doing. So, in acknowledgement of their service to me, Jackson's Java of Huntersville is the first stop, and The Fuel Stop of Choice, for The Charlotte 500. They've got the usual coffee selections you might expect, plus a great choice of smoothies, teas, and even ice cream! Located in a strip mall that's a step or two above the average strip mall, Jackson's features a cozy interior perfect for surfing the internet for an hour or two, sipping your coffee or smoothie all the while.

My personal favorite is the Mango/Banana smoothie made with soy milk. I also enjoyed the southern pecan coffee, and I can't wait for the coconut coffee to be one of the brews of the day.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Roger said...

Off to a good start. I applaud you. Finding good food is always important when you move to a new area.

Our first "find" when we moved to Cary was the unheralded but excellent mostacolli pizza at a local dive.

19 August, 2007 13:41  
Blogger craigt said...

I remember having that mostaciolli pizza. Unique and very good. I still like pepperoni better, but that was good stuff.

19 August, 2007 21:24  
Blogger SJW said...

I tried to have the mostaciolli pizza, but the place was closed by the time I got invited.

Good idea with the laps - maybe slightly cheesy, but a good cheesy (like extra mozarella on a homemade pizza).

23 August, 2007 14:05  
Blogger keltic said...

okay -that really wasn't steve up above. sorry.

23 August, 2007 14:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home