Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Charlotte 500, Lap 64: Tony's Ice Cream, Gastonia

Since moving to Charlotte, I've rediscovered the joys of ice cream (speaking of which, we've got a couple quarts in the freezer...I'll be right back.)


Not that I ever lost touch with the joy of ice cream, but we've definitely dug in with greater verve than ever before. Gastonia, 20 miles or so west of downtown Charlotte, is home to Tony's Ice Cream. We both ordered a couple scoops of some really tasty ice cream - one of my scoops was coconut, which, I'm sure, will be the daily special in heaven. However, as we ate our ice cream and watched what everyone else was ordering, we decided the shakes must be the house special. Also, judging from the line at the grill, the food must be pretty durn good, too. We'll have to head back to Tony's in order to investigate those observations.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home