Friday, October 10, 2008

Walking Soundtrack #3

1) And She Was - The Talking Heads: Not much to say about this one. I've always like it, though.

2) Bandera - Willie Nelson: Instrumental interlude from Red Headed Stranger, not very interesting apart from the rest of the album.

3) A Pirate Looks at Forty - Jimmy Buffett: My sometime favorite song. Great lyrics, very funny, about being made for a different time and place. Like a great western, it makes you (almost) long to be an outlaw.

4) Black Widow's Eyes - The Who: From 2006, it's one of their newer songs and also one of their best. As usual, I have no idea what Pete Townshend is writing about, but it sounds important.

5) Hand in My Pocket - Alanis Morisette: She comes across as a whiny brat, but Alanis sometimes made a nice racket.

6) Down to the River to Pray - Alison Krauss: I don't want to sound too sensitive or girly, but I could listen to her sing all day.

7) Dusty Miller - Alison Krauss: From one of her first albums, closer to true bluegrass than her latest work, Dusty Miller is a good one to walk to.

8) She Walked Away - Barlow Girl: I saw Barlow Girl at a mini-concert, and, even if they are girls, they make a nice big, noisy sound. I think this one is supposed to be kinda motivational, but I'm not really sure. And it doesn't really matter.

9) I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow - Alison Krauss and Union Station: From their Live album, this song from O Brother Where Art Thou is the one everyone knows.

10) All My Loving - The Beatles: Fun, shallow, 60s pop. A good song for walking.

11) Hold On Beauty - Cameron McGill & the Quarter Offensive: I got this song from 312Tunes.com, a website that highlights Chicago music but which I'm not sure exists any longer. Reminds me of "Come on Eileen" from the early 80s. One of my newer favorite songs.

12) Turn the Page - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band: Standard Bob Seger - good, not great, but doesn't disappoint.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger keltic said...

either you walk fast, or I walk slow...cuz some of these songs are on my shuffle for "running." :)

02 November, 2008 20:22  
Blogger keltic said...

oh my word! i got a comment to post on your blog!!! this is a remarkable feat!

02 November, 2008 20:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home