Monday, January 14, 2008

The Charlotte 500, Lap 20: Neck Road

I stumbled across Neck Rd in Huntersville one weekend when Tiffany had gone back to Chicago for a few days. Being on my own, I drove down Neck Rd in order to find a historic site that is on my local map-book (I didn't find the historic site). The road gets its name from the fact that it winds its way along a neck of land formed by a big bend in the Catawba River. Beginning as a paved road, Neck Rd eventually turns to gravel before ending at a wildlife sanctuary. Along the way, Neck Rd passes a few minor historic sites and some beautiful scenery. The historic sites will eventually have their own place on this list, so here are a few photos of the drive down Neck Rd. On my first trip, I was listening to some of Alison Krauss's more bluegrassy music, which fit brilliantly into the drive until the thought of dueling banjos, and accompanying Hollywood imagery, crossed my mind. Then I got a little creeped out because Neck Rd, while beautiful, is a lonely place.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home