Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The Charlotte 500, Lap 14: Just Peachy

Located on Highway 161 in York, SC, Black's Peaches had everything you could want in a farm stand, except peaches - they must have been out of season. This rustic-looking roadside stand/store sold sourdough bread, pecan pie, sweet potato pie, honey, jelly, salsa, ice cream and an array of fruits and vegetables, including the most spectacularly large sweet potatoes I've ever seen.

We happened upon Black's on our way to King's Mountain and decided to stop to buy pumpkins for our fall seasonal decorations. Tiffany didn't like that I picked out a white pumpkin, but I thought it looked kinda cool (and it reminded me of Bunnicula, which you Carp folks might appreciate). You can see my white pumpkin in a previous post entitled "Tiffany's Ride."

If you're anywhere close, Black's Peaches is worth the trip, but it might be a good idea to go during peach season so you can taste what I assume is their specialty. I still regret that we passed on the sweet potato pie; I've never had sweet potato pie, but it seems like my first slice should be from a place like Black's.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home