Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Charlotte 500, Lap 23: Bert and Gert's



It seems like most of what I've put on my list has to do with eating, but I've been sitting on this one for a few months because I forgot all about it. Bert and Gert's in North Charlotte off US21 may not be my favorite, but that's because of what I ordered rather than the quality of the food - I just had to try the fried squash, which was disappointing. And I've learned, when it comes to BBQ, don't order the sandwiches. The thick bread required to keep the pork together fills you up unnecessarily and doesn't add anything to the experience.
The best part, in my opinion, is the decor, which consists entirely of classic rock album covers stuck on the wall, with bands including Lynyrd Skynyrd, Journey, the Doors, and many more.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger keltic said...

you should decorate your house like that. I'm sure Tiffany would love it!

09 March, 2008 19:35  
Blogger craigt said...

I'm actually working on a room that's going to be my little (very little) office room and book area. I plan on putting up a couple of the albums I've got, because what else are they good for these days? Sine it's me working on the room, though, the projected completion date is some time in 2011.

10 March, 2008 19:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home